Tuesday 24 May 2011

And so it begins.........

Well here I sit after another long and eventful day on the job at ReachLocal Australia! How am I functioning still? Is it only Tuesday? The week started off with a BANG.

Monday. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP alarm goes off, scares the absolute bejesus out of me. I spring out of bed not really knowing where I mustered up the energy to do that with such vigour? Perhaps it was because for the first time in a long time, I had a quiet weekend with Rylee. My training clothes for k.box bootcamp are neatly laid out on the couch in the family room ready for me to slowly climb into. I hear the rain outside and think to myself 'Why Mel?'. Yet, I reassure myself that it will be ok once I get there and also remind myself that I need to lose the spare tyre staring back at me because it isn't going to just disappear all by it's gurgling self. Brush the fangs, tip toe through the hallway, stub my toe on the clothes horse, drop my Ventolin inhaler, pick it up like it never happened praying that the sound did not wake Daniel up. And out the door I go. Jump in Derrick (my Dualis), freezing, blast the heater, eyes fuzzy, woops bush in driveway clips the window, wrong side of the road, woops again - time to administer eye drops. Slowly make my way up towards the Highway and I hear the phone beep. 'Due to bad weather bootcamp has been cancelled.' NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So after that anti-climax, I decide to plonk on the couch and watch my favourite show,Grey's Anatomy from the Thursday night before. Self disciplined Mel would say: 'Get off the couch and go for a run, you are up after all'. See this is the life of a Mum, especially the working Mum. We play catch up to all our favourite shows whenever we can, this time for me 5.50am seemed like the most appropriate time, bugger the run! Once that was done, I got myself ready to head into the office where I was feeling excited knowing we had new staff beginning.

Made it through the day, 1 meeting with a potential new client who decides he is not ready to run an online advertising campaign with me just yet. Filled in the rest of the day planning my week, polishing up proposals I needed to send out, checking results for current campaigns and my day ends with a MAD dash to the second week of my Television Presenters course.

Can hardly contain myself I am that excited. You see, this has always been my dream, to learn about people, places, try new things, entertain an audience, make people smile and laugh. I think I do it naturally? For some reason, reasons I am trying to understand even now I have doubted myself. Could it be that I have felt inferior to all the beautiful 'modelesque' type women who are out there and on T.V? Could it be that I put my own dreams aside and shifted my focus to my dear husband's career for a long long time? Could it be I am a lazy cow? All I can do is look to the future and the future is bright for me and my little family.

When I ask Rylee what she thinks about me being on T.V, she says 'Oh yes Mummy but we will need lot's of make up so that you will not see the bags under your eyes'. Bless her cotton socks. 

I arrive at Brave Studio's where I am complimented by 19 year old Ariel 'MEL, you look GORGEOUS tonight, have you had your hair done?'

I reply: 'Nah, I just found an hour to wash, blow dry and straighten it, last week it was 6 day old bootcamp bashed hair in a feral bun.' I realise that to a young girl like Ariel she would have no concept of the time restrictions one has when trying to jugglea demanding job, a child and now study. We all walk in and James Fremantle greets us with a smile............................................

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mello, its your sis :)
    I know I am going to love this! You will be great at it!
    I have posted your link on twitter hope you dont mind! You should get a heap of views, hope it helps :)
    love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Borris! New entry coming tonight! Going to get on the Twitter thing ASAP!

    Luv your guts xx xx

    ReplyDelete